59 Countries you can Travel to without Visa in 2020/2021: VISA FREE COUNTRIES Nigerians CAN travel to – It’s not common to hear that with a Nigerian Passport, you can tour round some countries of the world with a Free Visa or Visa on arrival. It is inherent in your entitlements as a Nigerian Citizen with a Nigerian Passport to travel to some countries without any stress.
On the 2nd of July 2019, Nigerian Citizens were granted access to over 45 countries on Visa-free and also Visa on arrival terms.
If you want to leverage on this opportunity, follow the under listed procedures.
- 1 E-Passport Application Procedure
- 2 E-Passport Reissue/Renewal Requirements
- 3 Procedures for E-Passport
- 4 Requirements for Replacement of Lost Passport
- 5 Requirements for Pick-Up
- 6 Requirements for Proxy Pick-up
- 7 E-Passports Processing Time
- 8 59 Countries you (Nigerians and other countries) can Travel to without Visa in 2020/2021
- 9 How to be updated regularly
- 10 59 Countries you can Travel to without Visa in 2020/2021: VISA FREE COUNTRIES Nigerians CAN travel to
E-Passport Application Procedure
- Applicants are required to complete and print the Online Application Forms.
- Acknowledgement Slip and Receipt of payment should be printed as well.
- The Forms are available on https://portal.immigration.gov.ng
- Payments can be made with either Credit Card or Money Order.
- All Passport applicants would be required to be physically present on the date of appointment specified on the receipt of payment.
- Rescheduling of Appointment date is permitted only after the initial appointment date has passed.
- Fees paid are non-refundable once the application has been submitted.
E-Passport Reissue/Renewal Requirements
- Passport Application Form to be Completed Online.
- Payment Slip
- Acknowledgement slip
- Expired Nigerian Passport
- Photocopy of Applicant’s data page of Nigerian Passport.
- Two recent passports with white background.
- Applicants within ages 0-17 should pay rapt attention to the next section.
Procedures for E-Passport
- In the passport menu, choose the E-passport Application Form Option. You can either use a Mail account or Select the Open ID option and create an account.
- Complete the Form, Print and Submit.
- Print out the Reference Number and Application ID that would be provided after submission.
- Click on Close to continue the application. At the bottom of the page, click on Proceed to checkout button to begin the payment process.
- On the Cart page, cross check to ensure consistency of name. Click on the Proceed to Online Payment Button.
- Choose the Credit Card Payment option or Money Order Payment Option and click next. If the money order payment option is selected, please follow the onscreen instructions for mailing the money order. Once the money order is received, you will receive a Confirmation Email. If the Credit Card option is used, allow 30minutes for the payment to be registered , then proceed to the next step. For Credit Card payments, the applicant may only use his/her credit card for payment. No third party credit card is accepted.
- Once payment confirmation email is received. Proceed to https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/pages/welcome
- In the application menu, click on the “Query Your Application Payment Status” option. Select E-passport in the application menu and enter the Reference Number and Application ID. Click on the Search Record Button and you’ll be taken to the Application Confirmation page.
- On the Application Confirmation page, scroll to the bottom of the page and print the Payment Receipt and also the Application Confirmation. Attach these documents to the expired passport or to the rest of the application documents (first issuance).
- The applicant should appear at the Nigerian Embassy on the appointment date with his/her expired Nigerian Passport and required documents. If the application is for a First Issuance and the Applicant is under the age of 16, the following requirements should be met.
Requirements for Replacement of Lost Passport
- Police Report
- Penalty fee of $350 in money order or cashier check ONLY payable to the Embassy of Nigeria.
- Submission of Completed Online E-passport Application Form
- Two passports with white background.
- Passport Number of Lost Passport.
Requirements for Pick-Up
- Applicants must present pick-up slip and expired Nigerian Passport before receiving the E-passport
Requirements for Proxy Pick-up
- Letter of Authorization signed by Applicant.
- Valid ID card having Applicant’s Passport.
- Applicants Pick-up Slip
- Applicants expired Nigerian Passport
E-Passports Processing Time
- Monday – Thursday (10am – 1pm)
- Friday (11am – 12pm)
59 Countries you (Nigerians and other countries) can Travel to without Visa in 2020/2021
See the Visa Free Countries Below:
1: Antigua and Barbuda (Electronic Entry Visa)
2: Barbados (Free entry for 6 months)
3: Benin ( Free entry for 3 months)
4: Burkina Faso ( Free entry)
5: Cambodia ( eVisa / Visa on arrival for 30 days)
6: Cameroon ( free entry for 3 months)
7: Cape Verde ( Free entry)
8: Chad ( 3 months)
9: Comoros (Visa on arrival)
10: Côte d’Ivoire ( Free entry)
11: Djibouti ( evisa for 31 days)
12: Dominica ( free entry for 6 months)
13: Ethiopia ( eVisa / Visa on arrival up to 90 days)
14: Fiji (free entry for 4 months)
15: Gabon ( eVisa)
16: Gambia ( free entry)
17: Ghana ( free entry)
18: Guinea ( free entry)
19: Guinea-Bissau ( free entry)
20: Haiti ( free entry for 3 months)
21: Iran ( Visa on arrival for 30days)
22: Kenya ( eVisa / Visa on arrival for 3 months)
23: Kyrgyzstan (eVisa)
24: Lesotho (eVisa)
25: Liberia ( free entry)
26: Madagascar ( eVisa / Visa on arrival for 90 days)
27: Maldives ( Free entry for 30 days)
28: Mali ( Free entry)
29:Mauritania (Visa on arrival)
30: Mauritius ( Visa on arrival for 2 weeks)
31: Micronesia ( Free entry for 30 days)
32: Mozambique ( Visa on arrival for 30 days)
33: Namibia ( Visa on arrival)
34: Niger ( Free entry)
35: Pakistan ( online visa)
36: Palau ( Free visa on arrival for 30 days)
37: Qatar ( eVisa)
38: Rwanda ( eVisa / Visa on arrival for 30 days)
39: Saint Kitts and Nevis ( Free entry for 3 months)
40: Samoa ( Free entry for 60 days)
41: São Tomé and Príncipe ( eVisa)
42: Senegal ( Free entry for 3 months)
43: Seychelles ( Free Visitor’s Permit on arrival for 3 months)
44: Somalia ( Free entry for 30 days
45: Suriname ( eVisa)
46: Togo ( Free entry)
47: Uganda (eVisa / Visa on arrival)
48: Vanuatu ( Free entry for 30 days)
49: Zambia ( eVisa)
50: Zimbabwe ( eVisa)
51: Palestine ( Free entry required Arrival by sea to Gaza Strip not allowed)
52: South Ossetia ( Free entry 30 days for 30 US dollars, payable on arrival.)
53: Transnistria ( Free entry Registration required after 24h)
54: Cook Islands ( Free entry for 31 days)
55: Niue ( free entry for 30 days)
56: Montserrat ( Free entry)
57: Pitcairn Islands ( Free entry : 14 days visa free and landing fee 35 USD or tax of 5 USD if not going ashore.)
58: Ascension Island ( eVisa: 3 months within any year period)
59: Saint Helena: (eVisa)
How to be updated regularly
- Kindly subscribe to the site using your Email address for more updates
- LIKE our Facebook information page for updates
- FOLLOW our Twitter News Handle for more directives
- For questions and challenges, Click Here