Building Self Esteem – An Antidote to Poverty but Route to Greatness
“I’m ugly, I’m dull, I’m too fat, nobody likes me, I’m not just good enough”… Can you please keep quiet and listen to me for a second?
Come on dear, you need to change those negative evaluation and confession about yourself. Why not try this…”I am beautiful, I am brilliant, I am talented, I like my physique, I am unique, just take a look you can’t find anyone in this world exactly like me. Isn’t that amazing?”
Low self esteem may be as a result of negative childhood experiences, physical, verbal or emotional abuse. Whatever the case may be, you’ve got to understand that no one can make you feel inferior without your consent. You are valuable. Get rid of low self esteem!!
- Start by changing those negative thoughts about yourself to positive ones. Practice positive self talk. Please be kind to yourself!
- Take pride in yourself. There is definitely something special about you. Could be your talents, sense of humour, compassion etc.
Stop unhealthy comparison even on social media. On social media people only Post their Success not their failures. Stop comparing the chapter 10 of someone’s life to your chapter 1. Understand that you will always find someone prettier, smarter, and richer than you. Compare yourself with your goals
- Celebrate the small stuffs you do: celebrate it when you are able to slaughter that chicken, next time it will be a goat and finally a cow
- Address your perceived area of weakness and focus on only those things you can change!
Smile (you need more info on this, pay me some cash for personal tutorials, lolz)
- Dress nicely: Your clothes don’t give you yourself worth but it’s sure as a way of improving or diminishing it!
Set goals, achieve it and add value to your life!!!
Confront your fears, bounce back from yours mistakes, let go of your hurts and STAND TALL.