Shell Postgraduate Scholarship 2018/2019 – This scholarship was declared open by Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) of Nigeria as they invites application from all Nigerian graduates. To apply for the scholarship, there are tips needed which are stated clearly BELOW.
Short Description of Shell Scholarship
The objective of the scheme is to provide an opportunity for qualifying students from these Niger Delta states to further their education in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry.
For the academic year commencing September, 2018, SPDC in partnership with two universities in the UK-Imperial College London and the University of Leeds will award scholarships for one-year post-graduate M.Sc studies. Awards will also be made to the University College, London.
Eligibility for Shell Scholarship
All applicants must:
- Display sound intellectual ability and leadership potentials
- Meet the individual universities’ English Language requirements (usually at least 6.5 in IELTS score valid for Sept. 2018 admission). Please note that TOEFL is no longer recognised by most UK universities. Candidates are advised that failure to meet each university’s English Language requirement at the time of selection may invalidate their application.
- Be aged between 21-28 years by 30/09/2018
- Be an indigene of Rivers, Delta, Imo or Bayelsa states (documentary proof of this will be required and will be verified)
- Currently reside in Nigeria
- Return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed programme of study
- Have obtained a university degree (at least of equivalent standard to a UK Second Class Upper Honours degree)
- Not have studied previously in the UK or any other developed country
- Have a Nigerian international passport valid to end December 2019
- Be neither a current nor former employee (who has left employment less than 5 years before) of SPDC or the Royal Dutch Shell Group of Companies or the local Nigerian consultant
- Not be a spouse, child or ward of staff of Shell Companies in Nigeria or the local Nigeria consultant.
See Also, NLNG Scholarship
States that can Apply for Shell Scholarship
The scholarship is majorly for applicants from Imo, Delta, Rivers and Bayelsa states.
Courses that can Apply Shell Scholarship
The following courses qualify for award of scholarships at the three institutions
Imperial College London
University College London
- MSc Chemical/Process Engineering
- MSc Mechanical Engineering (Rotating Equipment or Metallurgy)
- MSc Civil Engineering (Geotechnics)
University of Leeds
How to apply for Shell (SPDC) Postgraduate Scholarship
- Submit application for admission to any of the prospective universities for any of the above qualifying courses
- Application forms for the scholarship will ONLY be available through the websites of the Imperial College London and the University of Leeds respectively, following a formal offer of admission by the university (except the University College, London)
- Imperial College London and the University of Leeds respectively will process applications and select candidates to attend interview before being considered for final selection.
- For the University College, London Only, written e-mail applications will be made directly to the local Nigerian consultant at the mailbox: SPDC-NDPGemail@example.com , following a formal offer of admission by the university.
- The local Nigerian consultant will send the application form to applicants by email and process returned applications, then select candidates to attend interviews before being considered for final selection.
- Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities and the local Nigerian consultant not later than 30th April 2018.
Tips to know
- The scholarship will cover tuition fees, one economy return flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only*.
- More information on specific course admission requirements can be obtained from the websites of the individual universities.
- The stipends are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) published living rates and are limited to this only
- This is a non-committal scholarship. Note that NEITHER SPDC NOR any of its affiliate companies is obligated to offer employment of any sort to any candidate upon graduation neither are successful candidates bonded to SPDC for any period of time on account of the scholarship award.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2018.
You can LIKE our Facebook page for updates and current information.
Comment below if you find this favourable or if you have questions to ask.