Uniport GES 102 – This post is majorly for all the students that want to fill UNIPORT GES 102 – Logic and Philosophy Workbook. This article will help you to confirm the answers you selected or you’ve selected. Also, guidelines on how you will write your GES 102 exams and possible questions you will see are also stated. GES 102 has been initiated as a compulsory course by NUC to all departments in the University of Port Harcourt and even to other schools at large. It is a course where you are been taught Logic and Philosophy. This is where students who may not major in Philosophy are opportune to have knowledge of it. It is indeed the love of wisdom. Uniport does not play with GES courses as it is very compulsory that all students must pass it before graduating from the University.
Many have failed the course just because they were not informed or they were not updated with the right information. Always visit the site, www.basedonnews.com to get updates and similar questions that would come out in your exam. We have been doing it; that is helping students with the right information. We still believe we can.
As we promise to always keep you updated with tips on how to be successful in your academics, latest scholarships, assignments, current questions, and questions you are likely to see in your exams. To be always updated with recent information and get it directly to your phone, kindly subscribe to us using your Email address. Subscription is totally free. You can also Like our Facebook Page to always get updates in your phone via social media.
The GES 102 part II is typically done to assist students in answering the questions from Unit Five to Unit Seven. If you’ve answered yours and want to confirm if what you’ve done is correct, you can easily check the answers below. If you’ve not answered any, you can still use this as a guideline to answer yours. But in all, we advise you read the Textbook so that you can confirm the answers provided.
- Thales of miletus
- The main thrust of all philosophers is How can a man understand the universe in all its vastness and complexities
- Man’s knowledge of philosophy has created in him Awareness and Understanding
- J. Hirst defined Philosophy as the rational investigation of the fundamentals
- It is the highest moral claim that an individual can make
- It states that Everyone has a right to take part in the government to his court directly or through freely chosen representatives.
- Marx and Engels understand law as the will of the dominating class raised to the law as determined by materials condition of life
- Karl Vasak’s contributed to human right by saying that human right has to be recognized by the Existing framework which can guarantee and regulate its exercises.
- Characteristics of Human right by Wassertron
- Human right are powerful moral commodities
- Human right is the basis of equality among human beings
- (10) . The Christian doctrine of creation is that “God” created the heaven and earth while the Islamic doctrine says that there is no “God”
- Philosophy was carried by Pythagoras through the combination of two Greek words, “Philia” means love and “Sophia” means wisdom
- To promote the intellectual and logic skill of an individual to contribute positively to his society at large
- Scientific knowledge is aimed at a reasons of things Existence and ordinary facts while philosophic knowledge is aimed at logic
- Socrates preferred to die rather than cease to philosophize
- (a) It is a home search for the truth over other things (b) It is the act of reason giving it is a search for wisdom to surge rightly
- Development increase in quality while growth increase in quantity
- Opposite of development (a) degeneration (b) retrogression (c) retraction (d) retardation
- (a) Human/spiritual development (b) structural/material development
- H. Price defines nation as a group of man and woman who have or who feel that they have the following in common; a common ancestry, common history or tradition, common territory and common government.
- Obstacles to national development
- Lack of resource
- This is the process of unfolding, evolving or maturing that entails a movement from a lesson stage to a greater one.
- Logic is a field of study deals with reasoning so also psychology and psychiatry are disciplines that deals with the study of reasoning, that is; both logic, psychology and psychiatry operate base on reasoning facts
- The oath of our reasoning is correct or incorrect
- Inference is a way in which one compare or infer one thing or another on the basis of some other things
- An argument is a collection of proposition/statement which one asserted on the basis of the others
- Statement is said to have a true value, where by command is the one that has no truth value
- Sentence is are words that make sense and are meaningful
- Premises is the set of proposition which enable us arrive at another and it provide the ground for reaching a conclusion
- How Premises is different from a conclusion: (a) The set of proposition which enables us arrive at another are the premises whereas the one arrived at is the conclusion (b) Conclusion is derived from premises while premises provide the ground for reaching a conclusion
- Deductive argument forms are arguments that move from general to particular statement where as inductive arguments are arguments that move from particular to general statement
- A counter example could be defined as one which affirms the premises but finds one instance which negates the conclusion of an argument while the initial premises hold
- When a claim is true then we have valid argument. The idea of claim provides us with conclusive grounds and must properly interpreted and understood
- The schema of Modus Tollens; A ͻ B , this schema is the argument form of two arguments. The arguments are both valid and they both confirm to a rule of inference called modus tollendo tollens
- A sound argument is classified as sound if the argument is valid and has true statement only
If what we are doing is really Okay by you, please comment below.
We advise you read the Textbook as Exam questions will come out from the Textbook as well as the workbook.
For possible questions you will see in your Exam Call: 07053219593 or Comment Below stating your Email address and Phone number.
Are you having any challenge in any course?
Do you have any question that is bothering you?
Are you in need of scholarship for financial release?
Kindly comment below for assistance.
Also communicate WITH US if there is any problem.