How to Write COVER LETTER, How to Write Cover Letter for Internship or Industrial Training (IT) space, How to Write Cover Letter for Job applications, Samples of Cover Letter that will help you write yours – This article is a guideline to our viewers looking for the best way to write Cover Letter that will give them their desired job in the company or organization they are applying for and also for students applying for Internship or Industrial Training (IT) Placement Space and also for Scholarship Applications.
It was written to give you guidelines as we believe you will get that your desired position or job with it.
Before we move ahead in telling you how to write your Cover Letter, lets clarify you with some things. There is difference between Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV).
To write a perfect CV that will give you your desired job Click Here
Now, let’s start by defining what Cover Letter is all about
What is a Cover Letter?
A Cover Letter is a covering letter or a letter of introduction attached to or accompanying other document such as a resume or curriculum vitae or other documents.
A cover letter is an introductory letter that covers everything you wanted and things about you. Also, it is in cover letter that you specify what you wanted and where you got the information.
In cover letter is possible you to reference the source of the information; for instance; “Sequel to the job advert that appeared on Vanguard Newspaper on the …. May 2019, I write to apply… Write pertaining the requirements and vital roles as stated by the company or organization.
In summary, Cover Letter is simply a short summary of yourself and what you want or what you are applying for.
To guide you more, we enlisted some of the things you must include in your Cover Letter for clarification.
Contents of a Perfect Cover Letter
A perfect Cover Letter should not miss any of the following:
- Why you want to work at the organization.
- How your skills meet the requirements.
- How your experience meets the requirements of the application.
For students, you are not expected to have any work experience, but your skills and reasons why you want to work in that organization is highly needed.
It is recommended that you research more on the company a little and know their norms and customs to know the tone you will use while writing.
Samples of Cover Letter that will guide you write yours
Address is needed in every writing. Writer’s address will be on the right hand side while the addressee’s address i.e. the person you are writing to,
Example of Address of the company or organization which will be on the left
Human Resource Manager
- Sir / Ma (If name is provided, use the name)
The body of the letter:
- In a bid to fulfill my university’s partial requirement for the award of a Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry, I seek for six months Industrial training in your esteemed establishment. This is to enable me acquire first hand experience and match academic theory with industrial practices.
I am a 3rd year student of the University of Port Harcourt, Choba with a matriculation number U2016/5535*** and a CGPA of 3.98.
The training already received in the past three years of my study in the university has adequately prepared me for the challenges I might encounter during the course of my stay. I pledge my loyalty, diligence and commitment to the goals, rules and values of your organization.
Enclosed in this letter is my SIWES form and resumé for your consideration.
Thank you so much for your anticipated response.
- Yours faithfully,
- Contact information.
The sample above can help you prepare cover letter for any position you are looking for.
Based On News
November 1, 2018
Current Library Company
New Heaven, Enugu
Dear Hiring Manager,
I am very excited to be applying for the ……………….. position at ………………….. As someone with zeal to utilize my skills and abilities, I thrive on putting my best in your reputable organization.
I have over five years of experience in this role, and during my tenure at ……………., I was responsible for the day to day recording, management and accountability in the organization. Put other reputable things you did in your previous organization relating to the position you are applying for
My experience working with ………………. teams has taught me the importance of building trusted relationships and inspired me to do more things. I can bring to ……………. real-world experience in developing successful …………………. (what you can do for the organization when you are finally employed).
Thank you for your time and consideration. I’m looking forward to learning more about the ………………. position and about ………… (the organization’s name). I believe my skills as a ………………. will be a significant asset for your team’s current and future needs. I am committed to continuing to grow as a leader and applying my talents to help the organization lead the industry in …………………. (a special thing you can do for the organization that can blow the mind of the employer).
Based On News
Dear Talent Acquisition Officer,
The subject refers.
I am Based On News, a fresh graduate of Computer Science from the University of Lagos, Lagos State.
I humbly apply to intern with your establishment as I believe that it will give me an opportunity to experience the workings of an organized corporate establishment. I also believe that my skills and experiences as a Sales Officer at an electronics enterprise and Litigation Clerk in a Law Office will definitely make me a good fit for this position.
Find attached, a copy of my curriculum vitae in support of this application.
Thank you in anticipation for your favorable response.
Based On News
SUMMARY OF THE CONTENTS OF COVER LETTER,
A good cover letter should include:
- Your name, email address and phone number
- The name of the business and the contact person’s full name (if available) on the left
- A reference line (e.g., “Re: Application for Administration Assistant position”) for email applications
- An opening statement that briefly introduces you to the reader
- A main body that highlights qualities and characteristics you have that are relevant to the job
- A closing paragraph asking to arrange an interview
- General skills that help you work in a team and as part of an organization
- Personal attributes that will help you learn to work in a professional work environment
- Key strengths and contributions that show you are a stand-out applicant
- School work experience or volunteer work that demonstrates your strengths and attributes
- Any sporting or community club participation (if relevant)
- Any hobbies or interests that are relevant to the job or demonstrate your professional experience
Subscribe to the site using your Email address for FREE to be updated with recent and available job opportunities, intern opportunities from big companies that pays, scholarships and many more.
JOIN US ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND ENJOY UPDATES DAILY ON YOUR PLATFORM